Educational School Field Trips
The Santa Barbara Channel and Channel Islands Marine Sanctuary offer students an inspiring educational experience that they will remember the rest of their lives. This area is home to several types of whales, including Humpback Whales, Blue Whales, Orcas and migrating California Gray Whales. The area is also rich with other marine life, including seals, sea lions, dolphins, sharks and pelagic birds.The Condor Express is the ideal vessel for educational school field trips. The modern, twin-hulled catamaran offers a super-stable ride and capacity for 125 students. The vessel has both inside and outside viewing areas, including an upper observation deck perfect for viewing and photography. The Condor Express features a modern, boat-wide, PA system for instructors and two 42-inch monitors for educational videos. Experienced naturalists are available to provide students with information about whale migration, marine life, the Channel Islands, and much more. Although the Condor Express is often called a “whale watching boat”, our educational school field trips cover the complete marine ecosystem and offer a unique learning experience. Trips provide educational insight in many areas, including weather, oceans, commercial activity, wildlife, conservation and environmental issues. The Condor Express offers school field trips year-round. We can help instructors design an educational field trip custom designed for desired curriculum. Educational field trips aboard the Condor Express are perfect for all grade levels.
Educational School Field Trips Feature:
- Departure from Sea Landing in the Santa Barbara Harbor.
- Transportation to the Channel Islands Marine Sanctuary abroad the Condor Express.
- Discounted Educational School Field Trip pricing.
- School field trips, departure times, routes and durations are flexible per your needs.
- School field trips can potentially view whales, dolphins, sea lions, seals, marine birds and other
marine life, and provide insight in the ocean and weather conditions and environmental issues.
- Knowledgeable crew members to answer questions about the boat.
- Experienced naturalists are available to answer questions about marine life and other related inquiries.